On April 11, 2019, the Utah Waste Management and Radiation Control Board held a meeting beginning at 1:30 p.m. MT in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The meeting, which was open to the public, was held in Conference Room 1015, Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) Board Room, in the Multi Agency State Office Building that is located at 195 North 1950 West in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The following items, among others, were on the agenda for the April 11, 2019 Board meeting:
I. Call to Order
II. Public Comments on Agenda Items
III. Declarations of Conflict of Interest
IV. Approval of Meeting Minutes for the February 14, 2019 Board Meeting (Board Action Item)
V. Underground Storage Tanks Update
VI. Administrative Rules
- Approval of final adoption of proposed rule changes to Used Oil Rules R315-15-14 to revise the reimbursement rate for DIYer used oil collection centers (Board Action Item)
- Approval of final adoption of proposed rule changes to X-Ray Rules R313-28 to allow the use of whole body x-ray units for security purposes (Board Action Item)
- Approval of final adoption of proposed rule changes to R315-260, R315-261 and R315-262 for recalled Takata airbag inflators (Board Action Item)
VII. Hazardous Waste Section
- Proposed stipulation and consent order between the Board and Clean Harbors, Aragonite (Information Item Only)
VIII. Low-Level Radioactive Waste Section
- EnergySolutions’ request for a site-specific treatment variance from the Hazardous Waste Management rules – EnergySolutions seeks authorization to treat waste containing High-Subcategory Mercury for stabilization (Board Action Item)
IX. Directors Report
X. Election of Board and Vice Chair (Board Action Item)
XI. Other Business
- Miscellaneous Information Items
- Scheduling of Next Board Meeting
The Board—which is appointed by the Utah Governor with the consent of the Utah Senate—guides development of Radiation Control policy and rules in the state.
The Board holds open meetings ten times per year at locations throughout the state. A public comment session is held at the end of each meeting.
Copies of the Utah Waste Management and Radiation Control Board meeting agendas and packet information can be found at http://www.deq.utah.gov/boards/utah-waste-management-radiation-control-board-meetings.htm.
For additional information, please contact Rusty Lundberg, Deputy Director of the Division of Waste Management and Radiation Control at the Utah Department of Environmental Quality, at (801) 536-4257 or at email@example.com.